- How did you come up with your character’s name?
- What inspired you character(s)
- If your character had a theme song, what would it be?
- What made you get into LARP?
- What has been your defining or most victorious moment?
- Favorite memory with your character?
- How long have…
1. Argollo was originally Garth and Jyla, which originates from Elder Scrolls as Jyggalag and Sheogorath, which was Order and Chaos. Argollo translates into I think magic king from elvish. Agarwaenor translates as bloodstained, which was his name when he turned to blood magic after the death of his youngest daughter.
Hyperion was a name I liked, so I made it for my new PC.
2. My character was inspired after the mental disorder DID, which is essentially multiple personality disorder in laymans terms. I had a huge fascination with it, and I like making my life difficult, so I made my first character an altered, magical form of a DID patient.
My next character, Hyperion, was not so much inspired individually as it was a representation of all things satyr, a race that I am introducing into the LARP world.
3. My character’s theme song… ugh. Crazy by Gnarls Barkley I suppose. That is, for Argollo/Agarwaenor/Garth/Jyla.
As for Hyperion- The End of an Era- Mass Effect 3 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07D1baJlCPg and Purgatory Club- Mass Effect 3 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CW8UxuRNDeQ
4. I got into LARP randomly. When I saw a friend in LARP, he was looking rather disgruntled. So I didn’t join the club. Little did I know that he was in-character was actually quite enjoying himself. I just randomly came to the club one day, out of nowhere, and I couldn’t even come up with a reason as to why I went, but I did, and got hooked. Then ran for Prez and won, which is still strange to me.
5. My most defining moment…either Kilik’s death, a well-liked NPC I played who died in the Okimean War of Resistance Against Kelta, or when I was NPC’ing the Dark Spirit and nearly tricked the Crusaders into destroying the very fabric of the dimensions of the Divine Plane and the Mortal Realm, and got into a really cool and completely unplanned improv’ duel with another god named A, who normally is derpy.
6. My favorite memory with Argollo was him and another PC Ch’taia having a conversation which initiated a failed-courting. The conversation took place in the aforementioned war. As for Hyperion, walking into the shocked faces of the Council, and the LARP’ers at me being a new race.
7. I’ve been LARP’ing for just over a year. It’s weird to think about that now actually… I’ve been President for the majority of the time I have LARP’ed…
8. I LARP in my college campus, in Iluve, which comprises of 10 dimensions, our primary residency being the Mortal Realm, and more specifically Keimin, although we will be headed towards Ceres shortly.
9. I prefer a staff…but since I have been President and been a fill-in for many NPC’s, I like most weapons now. But also since becoming President, I cannot fight with a weapon because of plot in my hands, so I fight with spells.
10. Latex looks really cool, but I have never fought with it. It has been tradition to use boffer, so I have stuck to it. Boffer apparently hurts much less anyways.
11. Arrows are better than packets if you are talking about how bow and arrow systems work in LARPs. But if you mean spackets as in spells versus arrows, spells all the way.
12. I came up with Argollo’s outfit by wearing my Halloween pimp costume and claiming it to be old fashioned royal outfits, which became canon yay so that worked out. My next costume is a satyr, so I bought satyr things with money I saved up from work.
13. The motif of my characters, all of them ever, including NPC’s, is that there will always be one thing that they just don’t understand. Argollo didn’t understand most “present-day” things, Denethor doesn’t understand sex, Kilik didn’t understand women (i guess), Hyperion doesn’t understand idioms, Elder Cupboard doesn’t understand spoilers, etc.
14. I really like playing the grey area with characters. Garth/Jyla were definitively grey. Argollo can make very grey decisions, with Agarwaenor leaning towards whatever must be done must be done. Elder Cupboard is such a grey character and its so fascinating to watch people’s reactions to him. Same as Denethor. People would be surprised at what he is capable of. Hyperion has committed the highest amounts of sacrilege for the greater good. Dain Hartebreak was willing to kill a little girl named Yue because people like her have the potential to destroy kingdoms. Grey characters are much more fascinating and much more REAL than morally just or unjust characters to me. Although a straight up evil character is nice to play too. I also like being a nice lawful dick NPC.
15. Well…would I prefer PC’ing or NPC’ing…. I have NPC’d more than PC’d in my LARP career, but I do really enjoy developing a character. I would say PC, but I don’t have enough experience with it to really know anymore.
16. I would tell the starting LARPer: welcome aboard. You will be a close friend soon enough. And don’t be scared to completely change the world-I did haha you’ll get the inside jokes soon enough, and above all, we all do appreciate you being here. Without people like you, the organization would fail.
17. I’ve learned so much from LARP’ing, Caranist. I’ve learned to really be a leader, to be a nerd type and it be fine, to live on the edge, to be able to play the game of politics really well, etc. I’ve also learned that I really love LARP and everyone in it. Y’all are great people.